April 19, 2013

Getting back in the painting mode

Well as any accountant knows the first few months of the year are generally filled to capacity for one reason or another. I have just finished up the "busy season" and now have a bit more time to paint. I got myself an air brush and I am quite pleased with how much faster I have been able to base coat models. Today I got three units base coated in about 45 minutes. I made quite a mess and I have found that cleaning the air bush has been more time consuming than I thought it would be. But I know that if I do not keep it clean it won't work for very long at all. I look forward to learning more techniques that will allow me to paint more than just base coating with it. But I do believe that will come with time and practice. Anyway just wanted to post a pic of the units that are on my painting table at the moment. Hopefully I will knock these out this weekend and move on to some solos that I have had my eye on for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment